Food Inspection Equipment
- Diverse detection capabilities (stones, glass, bone, dense plastic & metal)
- Customizable detection capabilities (because x-ray looks for varying densities, it can be set to look for situational abnormalities, such as air pockets in bread)
- Lower cost (when performing multiple functions)
- Additional quality checks (item count, fill level, fat analysis, package integrity, etc.)
- Packaging flexibility (metallic packaging, glass, cans, etc. do not interfere with detectability)
- Simple data collection
- Reduced bottlenecks
Metal detectors excel when:
Screening for very small, low-density metals or film (mylar)
The product is a powder
Metal detectors falter when:
Screening for stainless or non-metal contaminants
The product is a liquid
Often combined with metal detectors to save space, checkweighers are single-function machines that ensure products aren’t over or under the acceptable weight range. They operate by taking actual weight of product as it passes over a moving belt, a method which comes with distinct pros and cons.
Highly accurate readings for heavy items
Less accurate readings for small items like food bars
Restricts line speed to ≈ 400 fpm (load cells must be cleared between each reading)
NEED A QUOTE?
HAVE A QUESTION?
We’d love to hear about your application.
Fill out the form and we’ll help identify the right solution for your process.