Air Classifiers use air flow and centrifugal force to mill and separate particles into fine and coarse streams. These air classifiers from Kemutec mill product as finely as 5 μm and eject it when the desired size is reached. A type of vertical mill, Air Classifiers create the finest grinds possible. They accept product via augers or blowers and rotary valves, and mill it through grinding media and force against the grinding chamber walls. Configuration of the classifier and the grinding media can be easily swapped to get the best results for your product.
|Motor Sizes Available||
5 HP – 400 HP
|Grind Sizes||20 μm – 5 μm|
Benefits and Features
- Tight particle size distribution
- Unique side opening design makes it easy to clean
- Easily adjustable particle size output
- Temperature controlled and cryogenic grinding (see below)
- Inert milling (see below)
- Quench systems for explosion suppression
- Burst panels for explosion relief
- Explosion containment via 10 bar PSR
Temperature-Controlled Milling (+Cryogenic Milling)
Liquid nitrogen can be used to precisely control the temperature of product, which can protect it from degradation and improve efficiency. These temperatures can be held at cryogenic levels (as low as –150° C) for products that are difficult to mill at higher temperatures, need lower temperatures to reach finer grinds, or need further assurance against explosion.
To protect against explosions, the Universal Mill can operate under vacuum to remove oxygen or have the oxygen replaced with inert gases like nitrogen or carbon dioxide.
- Hinged lid with interlocks for easy access to grinding chamber
- Connections for quick-release pipes (pressure-capable)
- Replaceable grinding pins and bars, hammers
- Replaceable classifier wheels
- Replaceable mill liners
Mill guide by particle size
- Grade 12X and 14X Powdered Sugar
- Ultra-Fine Flour
- Dye Powders
- Toner Powders
- Dry Sorbent Powders
When to use Air Classifiers:
- Precise Particle Size Separation: Air classifiers are ideal for applications that require precise particle size separation. The classifier can separate particles into a fine stream and a coarse stream, resulting in a high degree of precision.
- Fine Particles: Capable of classifying down to around 5 μm.
- Gentle Separation: Air classifiers operate gently, which reduces the risk of damaging fragile particles. This makes them ideal for applications where gentle handling is required.
- Multi-product lines: Air classifiers are suitable for a wide range of materials, making them ideal for many different applications. They can handle a variety of particle shapes, sizes, and densities.
When not to use Air Classifiers:
- Large Particles: Air classifiers are not suitable for separating large particles, as the centrifugal force generated by the classifier is not strong enough to separate larger particles.
- High Moisture Content: Air classifiers are generally not suitable for separating materials with high moisture content, as the moisture can interfere with the air flow and reduce the efficiency of the classifier.
- High Temperature: Air classifiers are not suitable for separating materials with high temperature, as the high temperature can cause damage to the classifier.
ABM is more than just a connection to OEMs. With over 20 years of experience in the industry, we have built a reputation for providing high-quality, reliable, and cost-effective sifting solutions to a wide range of industries.
With a team of experienced engineers and technicians, we provide customized solutions to meet the specific needs of our customers. We work closely with you to understand your requirements and recommend the most suitable centrifugal sifter for your application. Our sales team is knowledgeable and can assist you with choosing the right equipment and accessories.
We also have extensive experience in the design and integration of centrifugal sifters into existing production lines. Our engineers can design and integrate a system that meets your specific requirements, including mechanical design and control systems integration.
We offer ongoing service and maintenance for our centrifugal sifters to ensure they continue to operate at optimal performance. Our technicians are knowledgeable and experienced, and are available to provide on-site maintenance, repair and support services.
Whether you are looking for a single centrifugal sifter, or a complete sifting system, ABM Equipment can help scale and automate your process. Contact us below to learn more about our services and how we can help you achieve your production goals.