Bag Break Stations
Bag break stations offer a convenient place to introduce bags, sacks, or drums into bulk handling or processing systems. They are commonly broken into the following categories:
- Basic Bag Break Station: This type of station is the simplest and most affordable option. It typically consists of a dump hopper, a frame to support the hopper, and a discharge chute to direct the material into the process equipment. This type of station is ideal for handling light to medium-duty materials, such as powders, granules, and pellets.
- Self-Contained Bag Dump Station: As seen pictured, this type of station includes a dust control system to capture and contain the dust generated during the dumping process. The dust control system can be a simple filter or a more advanced cyclonic separator that removes dust particles from the air stream. This type of bag break station is ideal for handling fine or hazardous materials, such as chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and food ingredients.
- Mobile Bag Break Station: This type of station is designed for portability and can be easily moved from one location to another. It features wheels or casters for mobility and a compact design for storage. This type of station is ideal for applications where the material handling equipment must be moved frequently or for small-scale operations.
- High-Capacity Bag Break Station: This type of station is designed for handling large volumes of materials at a high rate of speed. It features a large hopper, high-performance dust control system, and a heavy-duty discharge chute to accommodate the high-volume material flow. This type of bag break station is ideal for handling heavy-duty materials, such as minerals, aggregates, and coarse powders.
- Custom Bag Break Station: This type of station is designed to meet specific customer requirements. It can be customized to include specific features, such as special materials of construction, custom dimensions, or unique dust control systems. This type of station is ideal for applications where the customer requires a unique solution for material handling.
- 10 gauge formed carbon steel legs
- 12 gauge housing and hopper
- Integrated filter housing (jet pulses auto-clean the filter, returning product back into the process
- Carbon steel grate bag cups made of mineral reinforced nylon
- Fully-welded exterior
- Skip-welded interior
- Carbon steel bag cages (the bags themselves are made of 16 oz. singed dacron polyester with a convenient top removal snap band. The bag cup caulk is FDA-approved silicone sealant.)
For easy access, the bag break station includes a bolted 15″ x 28″ service door. It is also equipped with a top-mounted #12 SB fan with a 2 HP, 3600 RPM, TEFC 230/460 V/3PH motor, rotating in a clockwise direction when viewed from the back. The grate can be easily removed for maintenance and cleaning.
- Vacuum or Pressure
- The vacuum unit features a discharge flange that matches a Schenck Process probe box, while the pressure unit is equipped with a discharge flange that matches a Schenck airlocks.
- Both pressure and vacuum units can be equipped with a dust draw off hood, which includes a 4″ O.D. draw off stub instead of a dust filter.
- Aluminum or 304 stainless product contact surfaces
- Industrial grade epoxy interior
- GC24, CG80, or CG120 welds for product contact areas
- On/off switch and NEMA 12 prewire package for fan and filter operation
- NEMA 9 electrical components
- Latched/sealed inlet door
- Integrated dust collector (jet pulse returns product to process)
- 7 gauge stainless housing & hopper with 3-A finish inside and out
- Hinged door with gas springs
- Ferrules mounted for CIP configuration
- Large openings for sanitary internal CIP
- Removable internal bag rest
- Hopper discharge to fit any airlock
- Stainless diaphragm bodies
- 304 stainless bag cages
- 16 oz. (454 g) singed polyester, side removal bags (3-A)
- Sanitary ferrule exhaust
- Filtered and non-filtered configurations
- Non-filtered configuration uses a 4” (102 mm) O.D. ferrule dust port
- Filtered configuration uses a 5” (127mm) O.D. ferrule dust port
- Mount pad covers (welded on site)
- Magnetic internal bag rest
- Cartridge filter element
- Polished exterior welds
Whether you need an existing bag dump station modified or a new one built, we can deliver the ideal solution for your process with in-house design, fabrication, and installation. Give us a call or fill out the form below to learn how we can add value to your process.